Men's Hair Gel: How To Use and Style
Gels come in varying degrees of viscosity, from a thick jelly to a liquid spray. Use them to lift roots, tame wisps, create tendrils, calm static, heat set and give structure to curls. They are sometimes called sculpting lotions and are used for precise styling.
We have done some homework and here's the list of 10 best Hair Gels.
- L'OREAL PARIS STUDIO MEGA GEL, $3.99
- BIOLAGE GELEE, $15.75
- HERBAL ESSENCES TOTALLY TWISTED CURL SCRUNCHING GEL, $3.99
- PANTENE HYDRATING CURLS CURL DEFINING SCRUNCHING GEL EXTRA STRONG HOLD, $6.49
- AUSSIE INSTANT FREEZE SCULPTING GEL, $3.99
- SUAVE BASICS GEL, $2.99
- GARNIER FRUCTIS STYLE BRILLIANTINE SHINE CREAM-GEL, $4.99
- AVEDA CONFIXOR LIQUID GEL, $17
- HERBAL ESSENCES SET ME UP MAX HOLD GEL, $4.08
- TIGI BED HEAD SMALL TALK, $11.99
How to Use a Gel on Mens Hair
[Related Read on Mens Hair: Cool Men's Hairstyles Ideas for 2013]
Revitalize Hair The Next Day
A Gel can be revitalized the following day by running wet fingers through the hair, against the direction of the finished look.
Gel looks like jelly and usually comes in a tub or tube. Apply sparingly with your fingers to dry or damp hair. Gel is use to create strong, spiky looks and root lift and ideal for curl separation and more structured styles.
Gel Spray is an extra strong fixing product. Spray all over for maximum control. It is use to give hold and lift and keep hair in place all day long.
Glaze is a runny gel usually sold in bottles. Pour a small amount into your hands, rub palms together, and then stroke through wet or dry hair. It is use to give a strong hold and support. Glaze gel is ideal for sculptured hairstyles and perfect for sleeking down any frizzy ends on long bobs