Mayonnaise for Head Lice Treatment
Mayonnaise is a well known head lice treatment. The reason that mayonnaise is believed to kill lice is because it will suffocate them. Some of the key ingredients in mayonnaise that kill head lice are oil and fats. It is believed that you can use any oil or fat the same exact way in which you would use mayonnaise in order to kill lice, but mayo is by far the most popular lice treatment. Here is how you would go about using a mayonnaise head lice treatment.
How to Use Mayonnaise To Get Rid of Head Lice
1. Apply as much mayonnaise as you need to cover the entire head of hair. The average person will require about five tablespoons of mayonnaise, but this may double or even triple depending on the length and thickness of the hair that you will be working with.
2. Use a piece of plastic wrap, such as Saran Wrap. Be sure to wrap it tightly around the head. A shower cap can also work out really well, as long as it is also tight. The whole entire idea of putting the plastic wrap on top of the head is to make sure that the lice suffocate by not providing them with any air to breathe.
3. Leave the mayonnaise head lice treatment on your hair for no less than two hours. However, for the best results, you really may want to leave it on the head for longer than two hours.
4. Rinse out the treatment and then shampoo the hair. Immediately after you are done, use a mixture of oil and vinegar to thoroughly rinse the hair.
5. Remove the nits (lice eggs) from the hair. There are many ways to do this, such as using a nit comb and pulling the nits out with tweezers.