Crimped Pigtails for Girls - Perfect for Disco
Great for parties and discos, crimping adds extra interest to an upswept.
Steps to make Pigtail Crimp Hairstyle
- The hair is shampooed, conditioned and left to dry naturally.
- The fringe is separated off and the hair center-parted from forehead to nape. Brush one side of your hair upwards and secure in a ponytail.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Both ponytails are secured with covered bands.
- From one ponytail into a loop and thread the ends through a covered band, pulling them out for about 7.5 com. Repeat with other ponytail.
- Secure looped hair with grips.
- Starting with one section, hold the hot crimping iron on one of the loose sections of your hair. Keep the tension for a few seconds and then release the crimping plates. Move along the section of hair and apply the crimper again. Make sure that you line up the crimping plates carefully to ensure a uniform effect. Repeat, picking sections of hair at random, including the fringe area.
- Mist with hairspray.
Time: 10 minutes
Easy/Difficulty: quite easy
Hair type: mid length, straight with layers
You will Need: covered bands, styling brush, grips, crimping iron with a deep-wave plate, hair spray
Tip - Most crimping irons come with a selection of plates - try using different ones to create a minute of textures for an even more interesting effect.