Hairstyles for Thin Hair
The most important factor for a woman with thinning hair is finding the right hairstyle for them. Hair needs to be properly cut and shaped to accentuate your best facial features, complement your lifestyle and, of course, minimize the appearance of your hair loss.
Thinning hair should be managed in a way that will give you back your lifestyle, so that you are not consistently on edge or anxious that your hair will move and reveal the thinning areas. Your hair loss or thinning hair should not inhibit you from doing things you enjoy such as swimming, dancing, or dating because there are solutions to your hairstyling challenges.
At your next appointment with your hairdresser you may want to ask for some suggestions on different haircuts and hairstyling tips that will improve your appearance and help you feel better about yourself. This may involve a completely different look and three or four haircuts before you find your optimal colour and look.
Professional Stylist Advice on Hair Styles for Thin Hair
1. Shorter hairstyles will give you greater volume and lift.
2. A side or zigzag parting, rather than central parting, will disguise the thinness at the top.
3. Longer hair should be kept at a length that allows you to lift it in a chignon or a twist.
4. Adding some soft layers on the top will give hair that is pulled back more style and takes some weight off the top.
5. Comb wet hair using soft, wide-tooth combs or brushes designed to flow through your thin hair without breaking it.
6. Towel-drying can damage thin hair. Instead, use a friction-free towel that blots hair and absorbs most of the moisture.
7. Any colour can make hair look thicker and appear to give it more volume.
8. A body wave with soft or tight curls can also give your hair more bounce and fullness.
9. Use products labeled specifically for thinning hair. hair-Styling sprays and Volumizing foams that have a lightweight formula create long-lasting hairstyles full of volume and movement. Hair spray can help set a hairstyle, but use formulas that are light and non-drying to prevent breakage.
Hairstyling Myths for Thinning Hair
1. Lots of layers will give your thin hair more body - False! hairstyles with layers actually thins out the hair and takes the bulk out of it.
2. Blow-drying can damage thin hair - False Heat from a blow-dryer won't actually damage your hair. Blow-drying incorrectly. however, can damage your hair by creating static and breakage.
3. Conditioning thin hair will make it appear limp - False! A heavy hair conditioner that's not made specifically for thin hair can weigh your hair down. Instead, a lightweight conditioner is recommended.