How to apply hair color, Ready, Get Set, Colour!
I am going to assume your hair-colour comfort is similar to mine and offer you directions applicable 10 semi-permanent, demi-permanent, or permanent hair colour. If you want highlights, lowlights, or double-process colour, I suggest visiting a hairdresser.
How to color your hair
1. Read the directions on the packet. If the instructions say to apply colour to wet hair, get in the shower and wet your hair, Otherwise, leave your hair dry.
2. Section your hair in four parts. Start by making a centre parting from your forehead to your nape - as if you were going to put your hair in two ponytails, Make a Second parting from behind one ear over the top of the head to behind the other ear. Clip each of the four sections of hair loosely against the head.
3. Most home hair color kits come with plastic gloves. Put these on, or use an old rubber pair. Mix the hair colour according to the instructions on the packet.
4. Apply the colour section by section until all of your roots have been coloured.
5. If you haven't already done so, unclip the hair. Apply colour to any grey hair.
6. Finish by applying remaining colour to untreated strands. Remember the strand lest you did? It gave you the ideal processing time for your hair type. Set your timer.
7. Time's up! Check the colour by wiping off a small strand behind the ear. If the hair doesn't seem done, leave the colour on for 2 to 5 more minutes.
8. Follow the directions for rinsing and conditioning. Generally, you will be asked to rinse your hair and follow up with a conditioner. While most hair- colour products come with a single application of conditioner, feel free to use whatever deep conditioner you have on hand. Leave conditioner on for up to 5 minutes, then rinse hair in cool water.
|Posted by Talisha||10-Dec-2010|
|This has helped but I also want to know how do you know if its permanent or not if they put both non permanent or permanent on the bottle?|
|Posted by Louise||17-Dec-2007|
| Hi there.
Have you any videos you can show me on how to do a T section when hair colouring with foils or easy mesh.??
|Posted by Tessa||12-Oct-2007|
|Is there any vidoes that i can watch how to apply hair color?? and my skin tone is medium so waht is the matching hair color i have to use??? also i want my matching high ligths..|