Mouth Ulcer, Symptoms & Home Remedies for Mouth Ulcer Treatment
When nerve below the mouth's lining become exposed it can caused mouth ulcer. It is the open lesions or sores in the mouth. It is the erosion or loss of tissue that is lining the mouth. But luckily most of the ulcers are easy to cure; it can be resolve by itself and is not harmless.
Mouth ulcer can be a symptom of a more serious and threatening illness like sexually related infections and disease, inflammatory bowel, oral cancer, leukoplakia, herpes simplex and herpes cancer. Mouth ulcer mostly lasted for at least 1 to 2 weeks. If it is not cured between these periods of time, it's advisable to consult a doctor; it could be a symptom of disease that needs a medical attention.
The most common caused of mouth ulcer is an injury made mechanically like accidental biting of the cheeks. It is also caused by an injury while brushing, for example slipping. When the teeth that are sharp or braces are rubbing constantly into the mouth, it can cause mouth ulcer. Hot foods can burn membranes which can be a factor in having a mouth ulcer. Strong antiseptics mouthwash can irritate the mouth, infection in the oral thrush and syphilis, cold sore and cancer of the lips can also caused mouth ulcer.
Home Remedies for Mouth Ulcer Treatment
Usually there mouth ulcer appear one at a time, but several ulcers may develop and it may form in the mouth, tongue and gums. Here are some remedies that can be done at home.
- Eat salad that has raw onions, because onions can have healing properties and it contains sulfur.
- Rinse mouth with magnesia milk to coat the sores.
- Drink orange juice 2 to 3 days and the ulcer will go away.
- Cover ulcer with tea bag that is wet, it will help dry the sore.
- Avoid lozenges, chewing gums, mouthwashes, coffee, tobacco, citrus fruits and any foods that can trigger sores.
- Do not eat any kind of fish and meat for at least 2 weeks. It increases the body's acid and slow down healing.
- Avoid toothbrush bristles that are hard and foods that have sharp edge potato chips.
- Make a paste of water and baking soda and apply to the sores.
- To treat mouth ulcer, do not use toothbrush longer that one month.
- 3-4 times a day, gargle tomato juice, it will help to get rid the sore.
- Gargle warm vinegar with ½ tbsp of salt for 30 seconds. It is painful but can heal the sore for 2 days.
- Apply a mixed pinch of turmeric powder with 1 tsp of glycerin.
- Gargle with hot and chilled water alternately.
Prevention for Mouth Ulcer
- Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Gently brush your teeth, avoid slipping with the brush.
- Regularly visit the dentist.
- Eat nutritious and well balanced diet.
- Floss regularly.
- Avoid drinks and foods that are very hot.
- Reduce stress