9 Steps: How to Do Home Manicure
Hardly any woman, no matter what her age is, would easily pass up a salon manicure. They are very relaxing and can turn out looking great when they are done by the right person. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or money to consistently go for manicures. If you are interested in a budget-friendly manicure, then you will probably want to consider doing one for yourself at home. Here, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to give yourself an at-home manicure.
Steps for French Manicure
1. Remove any nail polish that you already have on your nails with nail polish remover. Then, file your nails into the shape that you want them in. Generally, rounded nails are the way to go, but you can also consider flattening out the top of the nails a bit.
2. Get a bowl and add a mixture of essential oils and warm water. Soak your hands in this water for about ten minutes.
3. Now, mix five to six tablespoons of oil with one tablespoon of sugar. Use this as a scrub for your hands. Apply it to every area of your hands and let it stay there for five to ten minutes. Then, rinse it off in the bowl of warm water. You will want to make sure that you rinse every bit of scrub off your hands before you move any further in this process.
4. Apply a cuticle cream to the cuticles. Rub it in and let it set for a few minutes.
5. Use an orange stick to push back the cuticles. Be sure to be very gentle while doing this, as many people have very sensitive cuticles. Avoid doing it in any areas where cuticles may already be broken and/or sensitive.
6. Apply a moisturizing lotion on your hands. Don't forget any areas of the hands, but especially make sure to moisturize your cuticles.
7. Use a warm cloth to remove any oils or lotion from the hands.
8. Begin painting your nails with a clear nail polish. Apply two coats if you feel that it is necessary, but if it does not seem to be, stick with just one coat.
9. Now, paint the tips of the fingernails, in the same area where the white area of your nails naturally are, with a white nail polish.
An at home manicure can never replace one that you are given at the salon. If you are just interested in making your nails look good on your own or want to relax your hands, then why not consider doing a manicure. For any special or formal occasions that you need to attend to with your nails done, you may want to consider going to the salon to have your manicure done.
For a budget-friendly french manicure, you can follow the above listed instructions. Do keep in mind that practice makes perfect, so the more often that you practice giving yourself at home manicures, the more perfect they will eventually turn out to be.