Easy Tutorial on How to Apply Pencil, Liquid Eye Liner
Eyeliner comes in pencil or liquid forms. Powder eye liners are also popular which can be applied with an eyeliner brush. Regardless of which type you choose, apply the eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible. Choose an easy to use and apply eyeliner like the pen or brush. For a sophisticated make-up you can then add a key of eyeshadow of color preferably, purple, maroon, gray even gilded for the winter. See this video
Steps: How to Apply Eyeliner
Liquid eyeliner is the hardest eye definer to apply. It demands the steadiest hand, but it does give the most effective finish. It can be put on before eyeliner or after eyeshadow, but if you apply it before it is easier to cover up any mistakes that you might make. Always start by blotting the liner brush on a tissue to make sure it is not overloaded. The major difficulty when applying eyeliner is to manage to draw a regular, fine feature on the interior corner of the eye and thickening on its external corner. The prettiest way to apply eyeliner on eyes is to keep to the top lid.
If you have droopy or round eyes put the liner on the lower lid can exaggerate the eye's shape. Never lend eye pencils to other people as this is one of the quickest ways to spread germs.
If you see the look of eyeliner on the lower lash line the stick as close to the lashes as possible and concentrate the colour on the outer half of the eye.
Getting the eye liner too close to the tear ducts makes eyes appear smaller and more closely set. For liquid liner, test on the back of the hand the pressure you can apply.
For a striking effect, leave the eyeliner as it is. For a softer look, brush over it with a little dark eyeshadow using a small pointed eyeshadow brush, but be careful not to press hard and smudge the eyeliner too much. Avoid too much extending the feature towards the outside of the eye to avoid a look too much "carnival" and charged.
Types of EyeLiner
Eyeliner is available in a wide range of hues, from the common black, brown and grey to more adventurous shades such as bright primary colors, pastels, frosty silvers and gold, white and even glitter-flecked colors. Different types of eye liners are available in the market such as:
- pencil eyeliner
- liquid eyeliner
- cake eyeliner
- waterproof eyeliner
- glitter eyeliner
- Eye Liner makes the lashes look lush and draws attention to the eye and can enhance or even change the eye's shape.
- A damp eyeliner brush dipped in your favourite eyeshadow will achieve the same effect as a regular eyeliner and in a color of your choice.
- Most eyeliners are fluid and you apply them with the brush provided in the cap. Well applied, liquid eyeliner gives a precise and very positive shape to the eye.
- An eye-pencil gives instant emphasis to the eyes. It has most effect when you use it to draw a line close to your lashes (upper and or lower) and then smudge the line with a soft brush.
- Beware of applying pencil or colour under the lower lashes if you look tired, it will only emphasise the tact.
- Grey and brown eyeliner and eyepencils are good for daytime, and, like eyeshadows, the more dramatic colours look great for evenings or sunny holidays.