How to Make Hair Bows
Hair bows are a hair accessory that can be added to a wide variety of different hairstyles. Some of these include French braids, pigtails or even a basic ponytail. Whether you want to make them for yourself or a child, hair bows are very easy to create at home! Here, you will find detailed instructions on how to make hair bows.
Step By Step Instructions for Making Hair Bows
1. First, gather all of your materials. You are going to need 30 inches of satin that is the color of your choice, a hair barrette, a needle and thread.
2. Cut the 30 inch piece of satin into two pieces, a 25 inch piece and a 5 inch piece.
3. Create a loop on one side of the 25 inch piece of satin.
4. Make another loop in the 25 inch piece, making sure to cross it over the first loop. This should give you the bow shape.
5. Sew a few stitches into the back of the bow, holding each loop together.
6. Fold the 5 inch piece of satin in half. Then, create a knot in it.
7. Put the knot on top of the bow. There should be two lose ends.
8. Sew the two lose ends together behind the bow that you created.
9. You can either leave the ends of the bow as they are, or you can cut two triangles out of each one.
10. Finally, hot glue the bow to a hair barrette and you’re done!
Happy bow making and enjoy!