50s Pin Curls Updo
If you are interested in creating a 50s hairstyle, whether it is for a 50s themed party or for your own every day wear, you have probably considered a curls updo. This hairstyle was very popular during the 50s. Since it is a fairly easy hairstyle to create, it is no wonder. There are a number of different things that you should know to create a 50s pin curls updo that will provide you with a beautiful end result.
Steps for 50s Pin Curls Updo
1. Wash your hair. You can use a towel to get it slightly damp so that it's not sopping, but you will want your hair to be somewhat wet when you create a pin curls updo.
2. Take a tiny to small section of your hair. Apply hair gel or mousse to it.
3. Twist your hair into the direction that you want it to form a curl in.
4. Hold the curl in place by using a pin curl pin. Nowadays, it is more common for people to use bobby pins to do this with.
5. Let your hair dry with the pins in place. Keep in mind that the longer that you keep the pins in your hair, the better your curls will come out to be. Most people prefer to leave their pin curls in throughout the entire night, but depending on how you sleep, they may fall out.
6. Take the pins out of your hair. If you want your curls to have a looser appearance, you should shake them out. If you want them to look tighter, don't bother.
7. Create a lower neck ponytail, but be careful not to loosen up any of the curls in the process.
8. Twist your hair upwards. Use bobby pins to hold it at the top of your head. Keep in mind that it should rest right near the crown, but probably not too much higher than that. Add bobby pins to the bottom and sides to avoid the updo from falling.
9. Any loose curls should be secured on your head any way that you want them to be.
10. In order to hold the look, be sure to spritz on a good hair spray.
Dress Up a Updo
Although a pin curls updo is very beautiful, it is also very plain. Keep in mind that there are a number of things that you can do in order to dress up a pin curls hairstyle. You can add some different hair accessories in order to add some pizzazz to the updo. Consider adding some fresh flowers or hair accessories that may consist of flowers, butterflies, dragonflies or anything else. Decorative barrettes, bobby pins or anything else can really add a lot to this hairstyle.
And here is a video showing step by step instructions on how to achieve this classic style:
Creating a pin curls style does not need to be difficult, although it may seem slightly challenging at first. With the right amount of practice, you should be able to perfect this elegant hairstyle as easy as 1-2-3.